Reverend Geraldine Colvin (Rev) has served as Minister of Unity Northwest of Indiana since June 2000. A native of the Chicago area, Rev lived for 10 years in Washington, D.C., where she served as a Licensed Unity Teacher at Unity of Washington, D.C. before entering ministerial school. While in seminary she worked at Silent Unity, Unity’s worldwide prayer ministry.
Ordained in 1995 at Unity Worldwide Spiritual Institute (UWSI), Reverend Geraldine earned a full scholarship for Excellence in Ministry and was chosen to chair Unity’s first World Day of Prayer in September 1994. The World Day of Prayer has grown into an annual international event. After ordination, Reverend Geraldine served at Unity Church of Traverse City, Michigan from 1995-1999.
Reverend Geraldine is an innovator. Under her leadership Unity of Northwest Indiana was chosen as one of 13 Unity Churches nationwide to participate in the Transformation Experience (TE), a leadership program of Unity Worldwide Ministries. The TE program shifted the community from one that was historically minister-centered to one that is community-centered, utilizing the skills and talents of all congregants to bring forth our Mission and Vision. Reverend Geraldine also hosted “The Good News” weekly radio program of Unity of Northwest Indiana for over 12 years.
Dedicated to lifelong learning, Rev Geraldine's studies and certifications include:
- The Organizational Leadership program at Purdue University-Calumet;
- Bowen Family Systems Theory at the Lombard Mennonite Peace Center;
- Completed Unity Peace Worker Training;
- Certified Trainer for Healthy Congregations;
- Completed Unity's Thriving, Coherent, Integral Leadership Training;
- Faciltator of The Work of Byron Katie since 2004; graduate of The School for the Work (Miami 2008). The Work is a profound process of inquiry that results in lasting peace and transformation of consciousness.
- Certified Coach and Trainer of The Q Effect (The Art & Practice of Living With Nothing and No One Against You);
Rev served for two terms on the Great Lakes Unity Regional Board of Trustees as member of the Peace Worker Team, and on the Radio Media Ministry Team of Unity Worldwide Ministries. She currently serves on the Board of Trustees of Unity Arts Ministry and the Touching the Stillness Prayer Ministry. Rev is dedicated to her family, meditation, practicing yoga, and is a lifelong vegetarian and animal lover.