Spring Is Here!
|Moses P. Colvin|
Official Church Cat
of Unity Church
Meeeow! The weather is getting warmer and we are moving into my favorite time of year.
Spring practically hand-delivers mice and birds to my front door, which provides hours of entertainment. Don’t worry, I don’t eat them anymore. My fine taste has gotten even finer in all my years here at Unity Church. In fact, it was in the springtime that I arrived nine years ago to enlighten this group of good souls. They have finally learned the ways of this Divine Feline and see me as a role model for peaceful, abundant living.
May I suggest some of my Helpful Tips and Pointers for living the Divine Life?
- Saunter through life–it looks elegant and gets lots of attention, especially during the Sunday Service.
- Sleep often and anywhere you like (including paperwork, the altar chairs, and on top of any coats or jackets someone sets down for two seconds).
- Help with the gardening by digging holes in the grass on Spring Flower Planting Day.
- Every afternoon at 3 p.m. sharp, remind Rev. that it’s time to meditate by stubbornly sitting in front of her computer until she gets up and goes to the Prayer Room.
- Lie down under a good desk lamp–the heat from the lamp is warm and relaxing.
- Always let the children play with you, even when they wake you from a nap.
- Attend every meeting–you never know what you might learn or who may become a new friend.
- Lie in the sun as much as possible, sit in the garden from time to time and enjoy the fresh air.
- And if you’re bored, watch a few of those silly cat videos on YouTube.
In closing, I’d just like to remind you that the love and care you show to your pets and all animals is a recognition that we are all God’s creatures. Remember, Jesus said, “Whatever you have done to the least of these, you have done to me.” Have a beautiful, abundant, peaceful Spring!
Moses P. Colvin, Meditation Teacher